- Baby Monitors
- Home Monitoring
- Pet Safety
- Home Phones
Topic: What do I do if there is a false alarm?
Isolated cases of false alarms are possible. Check if caused by faulty connection of the sensor pad(s) to the control unit, connection of only one sensor pad when the baby can move off the immediate area, connection of two sensor pads far apart from each other when the baby is not crawling yet, or failure of the sensor pads to be directly against the mattress. In case of false alarms, kindly refer to troubleshooting guide. If the problem cannot be solved, please contact your nearest BABYSENSE representative.
- The parent unit beeps
- Low battery light on the parent unit screen flashes
- Power/link indicator on the baby unit flashes
- Power indicator on the parent unit does not come on
- Cannot hear sound or baby cry from the parent unit
- The baby monitor system produces a high-pitched noise
- Noise interference on your parent unit
- If the baby unit has lost its link with the parent unit
- No display
- Is the signal between the parent unit and the baby unit secure?
- How does the night vision function work?
- What age range of infants is Babysense designed for?
- How does Babysense work?
- How can I test that the product is working properly?
- What do I do if there is an alarm?
- Lights on control unit don’t illuminate when turned ON.
- Delayed alarms while taking the baby out of the bed.
- The alarm does not go off within 20 seconds when performing the correct performance test.
- How to obtain warranty service or other information
- Consumer products and accessories limited warranty