- Baby Monitors
- Home Monitoring
- Pet Safety
- Home Phones
Topic: I am having power issues with my monitor or camera unit. How can I find out if the issue is with the power cord, the battery or the adapter port?
The power issue may indicate the Adapter Port (where the adapter plugs into the unit) if:
- The power receptacle on your unit does not hold the adaptor firmly in place.
- The adapter port feels or looks loose or sunken.
- When lightly shaking the unit you hear a rattling sound.
- The LED indicator light does not always come on when the unit is plugged in.
- You sometimes wiggle or press the power adapter pin at the port to get the indicator light to come on.
The power issue may indicate the Battery if:
- The unit only works while plugged in.
- The indicator light shows that the battery is charging when plugged in but unit will not work when you try to use battery only.
- The indicator light shows that the battery is charging but the unit will only work for a short time (less than 2 hours) using battery only.
- You have noticed that the battery life has consistently decreased over time and no longer holds a charge for more than 2 hours.
The power issue may indicate the Power Adapter cord if:
- The unit worked at first but stopped working within the first few days has not worked since.
- The power adapter cord is frayed and/or wire is exposed.
- The power adapter cord is clearly damaged or broken.
- The power adapter cord is: not compatible, is the wrong size or is the wrong model number.
- Why is the power LED on the top left of the parent unit red even when it is connected to the charger?
- Why is there no sound from the parent unit?
- Why is the talk back feature not working?
- How do I adjust the volume of the lullaby playing on the baby unit?
- Why can’t I hear the baby’s response when I am using the talk button?
- What can I do if the video appears grainy?
- The baby monitor system produces a high-pitched noise
- Cannot hear sound or baby cry from the parent unit
- Power indicator on the parent unit does not come on
- Battery pack in the parent unit is running low quickly
- Noise interference on your parent unit
- No display
- My display shows “no signal” even though both units are connected and powered on. What do I do?
- Why is the parent unit beeping?
- My temperature display has °C. What does this mean?
- I have more than one camera paired but the view is from only one camera. How do I select which camera I am viewing?
- How can I extend the battery life of the parent unit?
- Can I link two monitors to one camera?
- Can my monitor work with a smartphone?
- How to obtain warranty service or other information
- Consumer products and accessories limited warranty