- Baby Monitors
- Home Monitoring
- Pet Safety
- Home Phones
Topic: I am having power issues with my monitor or camera unit. How can I find out if the issue is with the power cord, the battery or the adapter port?
The power issue may indicate the Adapter Port (where the adapter plugs into the unit) if:
- The power receptacle on your unit does not hold the adaptor firmly in place.
- The adapter port feels or looks loose or sunken.
- When lightly shaking the unit you hear a rattling sound.
- The LED indicator light does not always come on when the unit is plugged in.
- You sometimes wiggle or press the power adapter pin at the port to get the indicator light to come on.
The power issue may indicate the Battery if:
- The unit only works while plugged in.
- The indicator light shows that the battery is charging when plugged in but unit will not work when you try to use battery only.
- The indicator light shows that the battery is charging but the unit will only work for a short time (less than 2 hours) using battery only.
- You have noticed that the battery life has consistently decreased over time and no longer holds a charge for more than 2 hours.
The power issue may indicate the Power Adapter cord if:
- The unit worked at first but stopped working within the first few days has not worked since.
- The power adapter cord is frayed and/or wire is exposed.
- The power adapter cord is clearly damaged or broken.
- The power adapter cord is: not compatible, is the wrong size or is the wrong model number.
- Cannot view the video image of the object from the parent
- Battery pack in the parent unit is running low quickly
- The digital video baby monitor system produces a highpitched noise
- Cannot hear sound or baby cry from the parent unit
- The parent unit beeps
- Low battery light on the parent unit screen flashes
- Power/link indicator on the baby unit flashes
- Power Indicator on the parent unit does not come on
- How long should I charge the battery the first time?
- How many cameras can I pair with my monitor?
- Can I turn off just the screen and still listen?
- How to obtain warranty service or other information
- Consumer products and accessories limited warranty