- Baby Monitors
- Home Monitoring
- Pet Safety
- Home Phones
Topic: I am having power issues with my monitor or camera unit. How can I find out if the issue is with the power cord, the battery or the adapter port?
The power issue may indicate the adapter port (where the adapter plugs into the unit) if:
- The power receptacle on your unit does not hold the adaptor firmly in place.
- The adapter port feels or looks loose or sunken.
- When lightly shaking the unit you hear a rattling sound.
- The LED indicator light does not always come on when the unit is plugged in.
- You sometimes wiggle or press the power adapter pin at the port to get the indicator light to come on.
The power issue may indicate the battery if:
- The unit only works while plugged in.
- The indicator light shows that the battery is charging when plugged in but unit will not work when you try to use battery only.
- The indicator light shows that the battery is charging but the unit will only work for a short time (less than 2 hours) using battery only.
- You have noticed that the battery life has consistently decreased over time and no longer holds a charge for more than 2 hours.
The power issue may indicate the power adapter cord if:
- The unit worked at first but stopped working within the first few days has not worked since.
- The power adapter cord is frayed and/or wire is exposed.
- The power adapter cord is clearly damaged or broken.
- The power adapter cord is: not compatible, is the wrong size or is the wrong model number.
- The baby monitor system produces a high-pitched noise
- I cannot view the video image of the object from the parent unit
- How do I pair the camera to the monitor if I lose the link?
- Why does the parent unit beep?
- How many cameras can I pair with my monitor?
- Do I have to pair my camera to the monitor before use?
- Battery pack in the parent unit is running low quickly
- Low battery light on the parent unit screen flashes
- Power/link indicator on the baby unit flashes
- Cannot hear sound or baby cry from the parent unit
- Can I view more than one camera at the same time?
- How to obtain warranty service or other information
- Consumer products and accessories limited warranty
- Power indicator on the parent unit does not come on